- Vienna, Austria
Specialist Doctor / Consultant for Cardiology
The position is available in Vienna Austria, a landlocked country situated in Central Europe with a rough population of 8.47 million. Austria has borders with the Czech Republic and Germany in the north, Hungary and Slovakia in the east, Slovenia and Italy in the south and Switzerland and Lichtenstein to the West.
Austria is the 12th richest country in the world in terms of GDP per capita and has a well-developed social market economy and a high standard of living. Austrian health policy follows the principle of ensuring equal access to high-quality care for all, irrespective of income, age and gender. Austria's health care system was given 9th place by the World Health Organization (WHO) in their mid-00s international ranking. The level of investment in health-care infrastructure is high by international standards. Also, compared to other OECD countries, the Austrian population enjoys above-average access to major medical-technical equipment.
The hospital in which the position is available offers state of the art equipped internal medicine department with over 100 beds for inpatient care of which 80 beds are focused on cardiology patients. The department has 12 beds for its ICU unit for the treatment of patients that underwent invasive cardiology procedures. The department also has a receiving station and a Pacemaker clinic. As a specialist doctor in Internal Medicine with focus on Cardiology one has the opportunity to work in the ward and the outpatient clinic, thus having the opportunity to act according to your focus with non-invasive or invasive procedures.
As a specialist for Internal Medicine one has the opportunity to specialize in Cardiology at the hospital.
The hospital offers:
- 15 days/year paid external further training
- A well established and highly motivated team and work environment
- An apartment at the hospital for doctors outside Vienna
- For this position one can expect a yearly gross salary of 70000 Euros + overime pay of about 18000 Euros/year. The work week is 40 hours long + on calls (max. 48 hours/week).
The hospital is currently looking for:
- A specialist/consultant doctor in Internal Medicine with a second specialization in Cardiology or a willingness to obtain the second specialization within the hospital.
- Experience in intensive care is desired and a willingness to collaborate with the ICU ward.
- Ideal candidate:
- Human medicine doctor, specialist in Internal Medicine with a second specialization in Cardiology
- Graduate from a Medical School within the European Union + Norway, Switzerland, Lichtenstein, Iceland.
- Required German language level: B2 level.
- Should be team oriented and open for teamwork
Benefits if you choose to collaborate with EGV
- We will offer advice when it comes to signing the contract
- We will help you find a home, school and kindergarten for you and your children
- We will help you obtain the License to Practice, so you can start work as soon as possible
EGV is a leading healthcare recruitment agency operating in Romania, Hungary, Bulgaria, Croatia, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Lithuania and Latvia. We are specialized in tailor made and efficient physician recruitment services.
като ни препоръчате кандидат
- The healthcare recruitment climate has changed over the past 7 years. Follow this interview to see...
- Thousands of medical specialists consider the jobs offered abroad by the recruiting agencies in...
- First impressions from the Medical Jobfair in Zagreb, Croatia, as shown in the newsreel. Check out...