- NRW, Germany
Resident doctor for psychiatry
The position is available in the German state of North Rhine-Westphalia. North Rhine-Westphalia is the most populous state of Germany, with four of the country’s ten largest cities. The state was formed in 1946 after the merge of the northern Rhineland and Westphalia. The state’s capital is Düsseldorf. The position is located at around 30 minutes from a very big city.
The Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy has over 50 beds for inpatient care and over 20 beds for ambulant care in addition operates a psychiatric outpatient clinic. In the Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy after extensive diagnostics procedures an individual treatment plan is set up for each patient. In particular, the treatment includes medication and psychotherapeutic approaches. In addition, other specialized therapies are used, these include among others exercise therapy, occupational therapy, relaxation techniques, etc. The psychotherapeutic treatment is divided into individual and group discussions.
In the Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy all mental illnesses are treated.
The focal points of the department are:
- mood disorders
- anxiety disorders
- schizophrenic psychoses
- Addictions (especially alcohol dependence)
- Stress and adjustment disorders
- Personality disorders and
In the treatment of mental illness in old age, the department works closely with the Department of Geriatrics, early rehabilitation and palliative care. Treatment options include the inpatient, semi hospital and outpatient environments.
The department has the following diagnostic possibilities:
- EKG (electrocardiography)
- EEG (electroencephalography)
- CCT (cranial computed tomography)
- Sonography and endoscopy in cooperation with the Department of Geriatrics
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy has the following rooms:
- generous occupational therapy rooms,
- a computer room,
- a space of silence,
- a sports hall,
- Garden therapy in hospital and park
- animal-assisted therapy offers
The psychiatric outpatient clinic treats particularly patients with chronic and severe disease.
- The focal points of the outpatient clinic include:
- drug treatment
- crisis intervention
- Psychiatric treatment in nursing home
- Psychosocial counseling
- questions regarding medical and vocational rehabilitation
- questions about social matters
- ambulatory aids
- Home visits by appointment
The range of treatment includes:
- Group offers: psychoeducational
- Social skills training
- Psychotherapeutic talk group
- Diagnosis and treatment we offer for adults with:
- psychological crises
- Psychoses of the schizophrenic
- Bipolar affective disorder
- Fear and Panic
- personality disorders
- Mental disorders of old age
The department has also a geriatric and a psychiatric day care center:
The focal points of the geriatric day care center are:
- Medical care
- Social Services
- Physical therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Nutritional counseling
- Occupational Therapy
- Music and sound therapy / art therapy / dance while sitting
- Spiritual welfare
In the geriatric day care center mainly older patients are cared for diagnostically and therapeutically. The aim of our treatment is to work with patients and families through a customized medical care to achieve a life in the greatest possible independence.
The psychiatric day care center treats mainly patients with:
- depressive disorders
- Anxiety disorders and obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Pathological stress reactions
- personality disorders
- as well as other mental disorders
The focal points of the psychiatric day care center are:
- Individual and group psychotherapy and psychodynamic principles
- drug counseling
- Drug treatment if required
- psychoeducational groups
- occupational Therapy
- Sports and movement therapy
- Dance and Expressive Arts Therapy
- concentrative therapy
- relaxation therapy
- Life Practical Training
- Assistance with social difficulties
- Mindfulness training in a group
- Horticultural Therapy
- Suggestions for leisure activities
- spiritual welfare
- family conversations
The hospital has 4 years training authorization for conducting residency training in psychiatry and psychotherapy. The form of work required is full time. For the balance between personal and professional life you benefit of 29 days of leave/year.
- Proficient in German C1 level
- Experience in psychiatry and psychotherapy
- Graduate from a Medical School within the European Union + Norway, Switzerland, Lichtenstein, Iceland.
Benefits if you choose to collaborate with EGV:
- We will offer access to hundreds of jobs across hospitals and clinics endowed with professional and modern equipment
- We will search for job opportunities according to your profile
- We will pay for your accommodation during the interviews
- We will offer advice when it comes to signing the contract
- We will look for a home and/or kindergarten for your children
- We will handle the Free Practice Right forms so you can start work as soon as possible.
EGV is a leading healthcare recruitment agency operating in Romania, Hungary, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia and Croatia. We are specialized in tailor made and efficient physician recruitment services.
We focus on identifying the personal and professional aims of each candidate and have the main goal of finding the right job from a wide range of job-offers available. Candidates and clients appreciate our prompt and reliable services.
We would be delighted to show you that we are committed to our motto:
“Professionalism, promptitude and professional development “
като ни препоръчате кандидат
- The healthcare recruitment climate has changed over the past 7 years. Follow this interview to see...
- Thousands of medical specialists consider the jobs offered abroad by the recruiting agencies in...
- First impressions from the Medical Jobfair in Zagreb, Croatia, as shown in the newsreel. Check out...